Synventive Introduces SynFlow® Two-Speed Sequential Valve Gating Hot Runner Technology
• SOLVES SURFACE DEFECT PROBLEMS ON LARGE PARTS
• PROVIDES OPTIMIZED PLASTIC FLOW CONTROL
Peabody, Mass. (June 24, 2013) . . . Synventive Molding Solutions announced today the availability of its SynFlow® two-speed sequential valve gating hot runner technology. The unique, cutting edge technology provides molders with optimized plastic flow control, and solves common surface defect problems on large parts such as automotive bumpers and instrument panels.
How it Works
All of Synventive’s Advanced Flow Control hot runner systems (eGate®, Dynamic Feed® and SynFlow®) are designed to provide molders with more control over the molding process to produce parts with higher quality surface finishes. SynFlow® is a patent-pending, two-speed pin control technology for cascade or sequential valve gated hot runner systems. The initial opening speed of the valve pin is reduced to prevent an explosive rush of pressurized plastic. The valve pin then opens for the remainder of its stroke at maximum speed to appropriately fill the part.
This two-speed process enables a smoother fill, reducing hesitations and sharp velocity changes, resulting in cleaner parts with excellent surface quality, and improved process efficiency.
SynFlow is the only hot runner technology in the industry that allows molders this level of control. It allows users to define the opening velocity of the valve pin, thereby regulating the flow of plastic into the mold at this critical stage, before the pin opens for full velocity and maximum plastic flow.
This unique, two-speed technology is an industry first and can be used to eliminate surface defects on large molded parts. Common defects that SynFlow can solve include:
• Pressure alteration marks
• Opposite direct gating marks
• Sink marks after coating
• Reduced adhesion of finishes
The results for molders are clean parts, reduced rejects, and better overall processing.
Each Synventive SynFlow® system includes the following:
• Hydraulic valve gate hot runner system with 9mm, 12mm, 16mm, or 22mm diameter nozzles and actuators with position sensors.
• SynFlow® flow control package including control valves, signal lines for both valve control and position sensors, hydraulic valve block and control unit for up to 8 control zones per unit. (64 in total)
For more information on Synventive's SynFlow® technology, please contact your local sales representative.